When you visit a web server with Mozilla Firefox, you can ask the “referrer” that tells the server where the visitor is coming from. If you do not want this information shared, you can enable or disable referral reporting with this change.
- Open Firefox and type «about: config«In the address bar and press»Get in«.
- If you are prompted for a warning, select «I accept the risk!«
- Look for the entry that says «network.http.sendRefererHeaderAnd double click on it.
- Set the entry to one of the following, as desired:
- 0: disables the referent.
- 1 – Submit Referer header by clicking link and set document.referrer for next page.
- 2 – Submit the Referer header by clicking on a link or uploading an image.
Interactions with readers
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Find out how your comment data is handled.
Facebook Live: disable comments and reactions
Facebook Live is a great way to see live images from your friends or other sources you follow, but the…
Should I disable a Windows service?
If you’ve ever looked for ways to make your Windows computer run faster, you’ve probably browsed through various websites that…
iPhone: disable Raise to wake
“Pick up to wake up” is a feature designed to make it easier and faster to use your phone after…
How to disable word wrap in Sublime Text 3
Word Wrap is a feature of many text editors that allows all text to be displayed on lines wider than…
Galaxy Tab A: enable or disable safe mode
Use the Safe Mode feature on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A to start the Android operating system with the default…