THE Epic Games announced the surprise launch of the gifting item on Fortnite Battle Royale, with the system being launched on Tuesday, November 27th.
The release of the new gift feature was not included in the V6.31 patch notes that were released earlier in the day, with developers posting a special blog post on their website to confirm the release.
The present is available on all platforms, except on Apple iOS devices, as the feature would violate Apple’s Terms of Service. Players who prefer not to receive gifts can disable the feature in Account Settings.
Players who would like to send gifts can go to the Item Shop. When you try to buy an item, you’ll see two options: one to buy the item for you and one for “Buy as a gift”.
Select “Buy as a Gift” and you will be able to choose which friend will be presented. Then you can add a personalized message if you want. And ready! Your friend will receive a gift box with the item the next time they connect.
Here are some things you need to do before you can present an item:
- Make sure that Multifactor authentication is enabled on your account. If you’re not sure how to set it up, access the instructions here.
- You need to be friends with the person for at least 48 hours to be able to present them.
- You will only be able to give a gift three times in a 24-hour period.
- Purchased gifts NO are refundable.
- You can only gift items currently available in the Item Shop.
Remember, this initial gifting period only lasts a week, so check it out as long as you can.