PlayStation Store, the new games: Shemue 3 and Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts
Highly anticipated by fans of the series, Shenmue 3 makes its debut this week on PlayStation Store, alongside games such as Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts, Golem and Civilization 6
PlayStation Store is the protagonist of an update particularly awaited by fans of the Yu Suzuki series: among the games available this week is Shenmue 3, the new chapter of the legendary series born on Dreamcast at the end of 1999.
Set right after the events of the second episode, the game puts us back in the shoes of Ryo Hazukia young martial arts expert determined to avenge the death of his father, killed by a Chinese killer who wanted to take possession of a mysterious artifact.
After meeting Shenhua, a girl who seems somehow linked to the secret of mirrors, the boy arrives in the village of Bailu, where he continues his search and comes across new, disturbing questions.
Made as faithful as possible to the original formula, Shenmue III is undoubtedly a controversial title, which will not fail to discuss and which is already dividing criticism due to its peculiarities. Likewise, fans of Yu Suzuki’s work will not be able to miss it in any way. To find out more, wait until you read our review.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts (€ 39.99) is the first spin-off of the CI Games series, this time featuring a contract-based structure. The sniper we control will have to eliminate a series of targets, finding the best way to reach the goal each time and trying to prevent some other mercenary from arriving before him, stealing the reward. So let’s talk about an episode that introduces some unpublished mechanics, but which does not skimp from the point of view of weapons and equipment, catapulting us inside scenarios large and evocative like that of Siberia. Proven Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts.
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI also brings up PlayStation 4 the extraordinary simulation experience already very popular on PC, thanks to some important innovations that refresh and consolidate the gameplay traditional series. In fact, the new Constructors and a new concept of city arrive, no longer limited to a specific area but extendable in the territory thanks to the new district structure, with their specializations. The end result is therefore an even richer, more fascinating and engaging experience than the previous chapters, which always keeps the player’s attention high. The Civilization VI review.
It took a really long time, but Golem eventually made it to the PlayStation Store debut. This is a virtual reality action adventure designed for owners of PlayStation VR, which puts us in the shoes of a girl with the amazing ability to animate and control huge stone creatures … golems, in fact. Within an evocative but full of pitfalls scenario, we will have to lead our creatures into battle against other rock giants and at the same time collect the clues that can reveal the truth about the bond between our family and the city in which we find ourselves.
- Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout (€ 59.99) is the new episode of the jRPG series produced by Koei Tecmo, which once again puts us in command of a brave and rebellious girl, ready to live new adventures in a dominated world by magic.
- Narcos: Rise of the Cartels (29.99 euros with 20% discount for subscribers to PlayStation Plus), tie-in of the famous television series set in Colombia in 1980, between drug lords and police forces: which side will we decide to stay on?
- Cuisine Royale (19.99 euros for the Starter Bundle), the new battle royale for forty players produced by Gaijin Network.
- Munchkin: Quacked Quest (24.99 euros), a fun multiplayer-based party game inspired by Steve Jackson’s card game.
- The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets (14.99 euros), a fairy tale adventure in virtual reality, with a series of simple puzzles to solve and a fascinating story.
- Farmer’s Dynasty (44.99 euros), the agricultural simulation produced by Bigben Interactive in which we will have to manage our farm, from vehicles to crops.
- Asterix & Obelix XXL 3: The Crystal Menhir (39.99 euros), the new chapter of the historic action series based on the adventures of Asterix and Obelix.
- DEEMO -Reborn- (€ 39.99), remaster of the fascinating musical adventure originally released on mobile devices in 2013.
The Promotion of the Week is dedicated to Kingdom Hearts 3, the latest episode of the series that brings together the world created by Square Enix and that of the characters Disney for an unmissable experience.
You can buy the game in the standard edition for € 23.09 instead of 69.99, or opt for the rich Kingdom Hearts: All-In-One package for € 36.29 instead of 109.99. A bargain, considering that the collection includes not only the aforementioned Kingdom Hearts III, but also Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.
The Double Discounts, the now traditional promotion that allows PlayStation Plus subscribers to take advantage of exceptional price reductions on a wide selection of games, are about to end. What are really unmissable to these figures? After the roundups of the past few weeks, we think it is appropriate to consider Batman: Arkham Collection (20.39 euros instead of 59.99), the extraordinary collection of designer tie-ins Rocksteady Studios starring the Dark Knight; Kingdom Come: Deliverance (14.99 euros instead of 29.99), a very thick medieval adventure in which we take on the role of a former plebeian determined to climb the ranks and stand out in battle; Mass Effect: Andromeda (7.99 euros instead of 39.99), last, controversial episode of the famous RPG series developed by BioWare; Star Wars: Battlefront II (9.99 euros instead of 24.99), the spectacular branded shooter HE SAYS that throws us into the frenetic battles of Star Wars; and finally Shenmue I & II (13.99 euros instead of 34.99), remaster of the first two episodes of the series created by Yu Suzuki, to be recovered before trying out the new chapter just released.