Beelink GTi i5-8259U It is a new and powerful mini PC from the brand Beelink of which today we present its analysis or review, a valid device for desktop work and light gaming to a certain extent.
New mini PC that integrates the processor Intel Core i5-8259U, with an interesting Intel Iris Plus 655 GPUit is also accompanied by a module of 16 GB of DDR4 RAM, one disk 512GB M.2 NVMe and we can expand it with another disk SATA 2.5″ either M.2 2280. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Pro and we have a fingerprint reader to unlock it easily, with the hardware it includes we can use it for office automation, multimedia, browsing or using desktop apps without problems. Let’s see how this device performs in our review.
- Beelink GTi i5-8259U with 16/512GB it can be purchased in Amazon.es for only €509 activating the -50€ coupon.
|Beelink GTi i5-8259U
|Processor: Intel Core i5-8259U 4 Cores – 8 Threads 2.3-3.8GHz / Intel Iris Plus 655 GPU / 20/28W TDP / 14 nm
System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Memory: 2x 8GB SODIMM DDR4 2400MHz (16GB) / 32GB max.
Storage: 512 GB 1x M.2 NVMe / 1x SATA 3 2.5″ / 1x M.2 2280 SATA.
Network: Wifi 6 + BT 5.1 (Intel AX200D2WL) / 2x Gigabit Ethernet
Ports: USB 3.0 Type-C (data) / 4x USB 3.0 / 2x USB 2.0 / HDMI 1.4 / DP 1.2 / Audio Jack / 2x Mic
Contents: DC Adapter 19V 3A (57 W) / 2x HDMI Cable / VESA Support / English Manual
Materials and measurements: Plastic and aluminum / Front LED / 168 x 120 x 39 mm / 590 grams
The new Beelink GTi i5-8259U It comes in a cardboard box with the classic Beelink brand design. Inside we find the main computer, HDMI cables (long and short), 19V 3A charger and snap-in VESA support.
This mini PC Beelink GTi i5-8259U It has a careful design, we have the Beelink logo in the upper area and the fingerprint reader to unlock Windows. On the front we have a status LED on the power button, audio jack, BIOS reset button (do not touch), two USB 3.0 ports and one USB 3.0 Type-C port only for data. Along with the mini PC we have a support VESA as standard that fits perfectly with the computer case without the need for screws.
On the motherboard of this mini PC we find the latest generation adapter Wi-Fi 6 + BT 5.1 (Intel AX200D2WL) with two internal antennas. When opening we see a plate that supports a disk 2.5″ SATAif we dismantle it we see that it is used as a heatsink for the disk M.2 2280 NVMe installed and next to it we have another slot M.2 2280 SATA free.
- Networks: Wifi 6 + BT 5.1 (Intel AX200D2WL) with two internal antennas / 2x Gigabit Ethernet.
- Expansions: 1x M.2 2280 / 1x SATA 2.5″ / 2x SODIMM.
- Additional features: VESA support.
In the lower internal area we have two blower fans that make air pass through two pipes and copper radiators that serve as a cooling system. As we will see, a system sufficient to keep temperatures at bay in all scenarios, two fans that also have a low noise level on desktop but somewhat high in games.
SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE
Environment and user experience
We launch the Beelink GTi i5-8259U by pressing the front power button and as the specifications indicate we have Windows 10 Pro 64bit correctly activated and the device list has all its drivers correctly installed. The environment it moves very well thanks to 16GB RAM, it is possible to load a large number of navigation tabs without loss of performance. A perfectly valid computer for office automation, multimedia and medium-level editing programs.
- Installed system version: Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
- Pre-installed software: No.
- Tutorials: Install Windows 10 from USB / Easy driver installation / Change language Windows 10 / Control PC from Smartphone.
- Medium: Beelink It has its own website and contact email to send our queries.
- BIOS: Access by pressing ESC key / BIOS InsydeH2O in text mode with mouse.
- Other systems: Compatible with Ubuntu / SI compatible LibreELEC for PC.
Network, storage, RAM and ports
In the section on network adapters on the mini PC Beelink GTi i5-8259U we have a wireless adapter Wi-Fi 6 + BT 5.1 (Intel AX200D2WL) integrated and two ports Gigabit Ethernet. We pass storage speed tests NVMe disk installed by default and we observe that it behaves normally. We also tested the 16GB LPDDR4 2400 MHz RAM that comes standard in configuration Dual Channelit is possible to increase the speed in the BIOS.
- USB ports: We have four USB 3.0 Type-A ports and one USB 3.0 Type-C port.
- Network performance: Correct speed with two internal WiFi antennas. / Scope 40 dBm, correct. /Bluetooth OK.
- Tutorials: Windows migration guide to another disk / Free up and clean disk space / Tutorial on SAMBA Networks.
Processor, performance and thermals
On the mini PC Beelink GTi i5-8259U we have a processor installed Intel Core i5-8259U made in 14nm with four cores and four execution threads that move between 2.3 and 3.8 GHz and a GPU Intel Iris Plus 655 up to 1.05 MHz with 96 EU. This chip has a maximum consumption of 20/28W TDP, the results are correct within this generation and as we see it is at the level of more modern models with similar consumption. A mini PC that works perfectly for browsing, multimedia playback with KODI, use of office automation at the user level and even with design applications at a good level.
- If you want to know some of the compared models You can read their detailed reviews at this link.
As we see in the performance tests of the Beelink GTi i5-8259U It is quite equal in computing power with the AMD Ryzen 5 3550H that we find in other mini PCs, where we notice a drop in performance is in the graphical power. The installed GPU Iris Plus 655 Although it is one of the most powerful of the Intel integrated ones, it does not achieve the performance of AMD’s Vega.
As for the thermal section The system maintains controlled temperatures in normal desktop use and the fan system is not annoying, the 14nm They are efficient but they are already outdated. If we start playing demanding titles we do have an increase in temperature and the fans are somewhat annoying if we have them nearby.
- Consumption: Off 0.9W / Sleep 9W / Basic use 30W / Maximum 52W.
- Thermal: Rest 47ºC / Basic use 56ºC / Maximum 70ºC / CPU 3.4 GHz max. / Performance up to 100%.
- Gaming Performance: Fortnite 79ºC / CPU 2.9 GHz on average.
- Noise: 32dBA Min – 51dBA Max / Quite quiet, somewhat annoying in powerful games.
- Fans: They CANNOT be adjusted in BIOS.
We carry out our gaming performance tests in the Beelink GTi i5-8259U We have some results that are in line with this type of products and the GPU Intel Iris Plus 655 It is perfectly valid for simple games and we can also run some demanding games at low settings. At the level of emulators At most we stick to a few simple Wii titles and we can also run games with low settings 3D titles like Fortnite or similar.
- Adjustment: High quality / 1080p resolution / No VSync. / PUBG Lite configuration guide.
- In models with integrated Intel HD GPU in low and 720p resolution.
Performance test on Fortnite, with the graphic settings in low quality with 1080p resolution, as we see it is playable. Titles with a similar level of demand will also have to be set to low quality or go to 720p. If we are especially interested in the Gaming section, it is better to go for a mini PC with a dedicated GPU.
VIDEO AND AUDIO TEST
Regarding video playback, the mini PC Beelink GTi i5-8259Uhas an integrated GPU Intel Iris Plus 655 which has a VPU with hardware support for the codec HEVC and to VP9 essential. This processor has support for 10bit color, but does not have HDR support native by default and reduces colors to SD level. This mini PC is perfectly valid as a multimedia system to use KODI, IPTV or to use with PLEX.
- Video outputs: Dual output HDMI 1.4 4K@30fps + DP 1.2 4K@60fps / Adjust image quality TV or monitor.
- Audio outputs: HDMI up to 7.1 / Two integrated microphones.
- Tutorials: Install KODI / LibreELEC Addons on PC / Play H.265 and VP9 format. / Avoid Judder effect (auto refresh).
- We recommend reading our Multichannel Audio Basics Guide to set up your system.
Video and audio test results
|h.265 / 4K@24fps / 8bit
|h.265 / 4K@24/60fps / 10bit HDR
|VP9 P1 / 4K@24fps / 8bit
|VP9 P2 / 4K@24/60fps / 10bit HDR
|VP9 P2 / 8K@60fps / 10bit HDR
|AV1 / 4K@24fps / 10bit
|Frame skipping (SW)
|100Mbps = 12.5MB/s
- The maximum bitrate depends on the port used to connect or the limitations of SAMBA Networks.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have occasional skips in very large files.
|5.1 / Plus = OK || True HD/Atmos = Core
|5.1 / MA = OK || HR/X = Core
- PCM – Stereo only downmixing from DD or DTS.
- Core – Only the core of the format is reproduced, so we go to the Dolby/DTS base system, more info.
We test performance in the Beelink GTi i5-8259U of the most popular streaming services such as YouTube, Netflix, HBO, Movistar+, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video and beIN Connect with their native apps or using the most compatible browser. You can consult our guides where we explain in detail all the best-known streaming services, how to configure them and what requirements are necessary to watch content in FullHD or 4K quality.
- Performance: It has hardware acceleration for VP9 4K codec on YouTube.
- Tutorials: Install popular Addons on KODI / Streaming and IPTV Apps / Change Youtube to h.264 to improve performance.
|4K (2160p) / 5.1
|4K (2160p) / 5.1 / Netflix Guide
|FullHD (1080p) / Stereo / HBO Guide
|FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Disney+ Guide
|Amazon Prime Video
|FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Prime Video Guide
|SD (480p) / Stereo / Movistar+ Guide
|HD (720p) / Stereo / DAZN Guide
|FullHD (1080i) / Stereo / IPTV Guide
CONCLUSIONS AND PURCHASE LINKS
Once we have tested the mini PC Beelink GTi i5-8259U We can say that we are facing a powerful and flexible solution. It is a computer intended for home use or light games thanks to its Intel Iris Plus 655 GPUWe also have several video output options and double Gigabit Ethernet connectors. It should be noted that this model has a VESA support to hang it behind a screen and keep it very hidden in our office.
The small Beelink GTi i5-8259U we can also integrate a disk M.2 2280 NVMe allows us to increase the internal storage considerably thanks to being able to add two units, one M.2 2280 SATA or other SATA 3 2.5″ for slower storage. Furthermore we have 16GB RAM of memory in its two DDR4 SODIMM slots. In general, an interesting mini PC for those looking for the functions it offers and thinking of expanding its storage.
As we see the Beelink GTi i5-8259U it’s a computer suitable for desktop use and light gaming. A product with quality finishes and components that allows you to greatly expand your storage.
- beelink GTi i5-8259U with 16/512GB it can be purchased in Amazon.es for only €509 activating the -50€ coupon.