Are you tired of always seeing the same keyboard on your Android mobile when you write in a WhatsApp group or private chat? Well you should know that changing the WhatsApp keyboard is possible and you do not need to be an expert in the field to carry out the change in question.
Of course, at the moment, and we do not believe that this will change in the future, WhatsApp does not offer any option that facilitates changing the keyboard within the app itself, so on Android it is necessary to change the keyboard of the entire system, what does this mean? That the keyboard you choose will appear in the rest of the applications you have installed on your mobile.
Likewise, you can change the keyboard when you finish using WhatsApp. Even, Android offers a shortcut so that any user can change keyboards without having to access the system settings (as long as the keyboards have been enabled previously).
How to change the WhatsApp keyboard on Android?
Before we show you the steps you will have to take to change the keyboard in WhatsApp, we recommend trying other keyboards through the Google app store. By entering the Play Store and searching for keyboards, you can find endless options that allow you access new keyboardswhich obviously You can use it on WhatsApp and other messaging apps.
- As we mentioned in the paragraph above, the first thing you should do is install a keyboard. Just by entering the Play Store and typing the word “keyboard” (without the quotes) in the search engine, a huge list will appear with different options.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the keyboard that you like the most, you must access your mobile settings.
- Within the configuration of your terminal, you will have to enter “System”.
- Therefore, you must click on “Languages and inputs”.
- Click on the option that says “On-screen keyboard”.
- Click on the section that says “Manage on-screen keyboards”.
- There you must activate the keyboard you downloaded (We recommend leaving several keyboards activated to intersperse their use within WhatsApp).
- The keyboards that you have activated will appear in the On-Screen Keyboard list.
- Then you will have to open the WhatsApp app.
- Enter one of the chats that you have open.
- Click on the field where you write the messages.
- The keyboard that you have activated by default will be displayed, to change it you must Click on the keyboard-shaped icon which is located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- A window will appear with the keyboards that you have installed on your mobile. Click on the keyboard you want to use.
- In seconds, WhatsApp will switch to the keyboard you have chosen.
Last but not least, there are times when changing the keyboard presents problems within WhatsApp. If this is your case, we advise you to update the messaging app to the latest version, as well as clear its cache on Android.